Photo by Lars Blankers on Unsplash
LANSING, Mich. – The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) will continue to provide nutritious food by the truckload to Flint residents throughout April.
MDHHS has provided the Flint mobile food pantries since February 2016 in partnership with the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint. April’s mobile food pantry distribution will have plenty of delicious, vitamin-rich produce and protein, including potatoes, cabbage, ground turkey and cheese. April dates for distributions are:
- South Flint Food Kitchen (conducted by End Times church), 3410 Fenton Road.
- Friday, April 1, 11 a.m.
- Friday, April 8, 11 a.m.
- Friday, April 15, 11 a.m.
- Friday, April 22, 11 a.m.
- Friday, April 29, 11 a.m.
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, April 4, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 11, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 18, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 25, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, April 5, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 12, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 19, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 26, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, April 7, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 14, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 21, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 28, at 10 a.m.
- St. Mark Baptist Church, 3020 Dupont St.
- Wednesday, April 13, at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 27, at 9 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations:
Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Information about additional food distributions will be announced as they are scheduled. To check food distribution schedules, visit the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan website at FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.