Featured photo caption: Get These Bird’s Nests Out of Me, by Cheyenne Foreman, took First Place in the 2D category of the LAND Student competition.
Seven Mott Community College (MCC) Media Arts & Entertainment and Fine Arts students are winners in the 2021 LAND Student competition. They will be recognized at the 36th Annual LAND Conference February 17 – 19, to be hosted live on Zoom.
LAND (Liberal Arts Network for Development) is an organization that seeks to develop and to promote a network for strengthening the liberal arts in Michigan community colleges.
“These awards are testament not only to the talent and hard work of our students, but also to the high quality education and dedication provided by our instructors,” said Jennifer Fillion, interim dean of fine arts and social sciences.
MCC students receiving honors for video productions are (a link to each film is included):
· Non-Fiction 1st Place – Pandemic Diaries: Parenthood, by Markeice Patrick, of Flint.
Pandemic Diaries: Parenthood
· Non-Fiction Honorable Mention – Essential Worker, by Timothy Casey, of Flint.
· Fiction 1st Place – Sidelined, by Carter Inman, of Goodrich.
· Fiction 2nd Place – Thorns, by Sumer Williams, of Millington.
MCC students receiving honors for two and three dimensional artwork are:
· First Place – Get These Bird’s Nests Out of Me, by Cheyenne Foreman, of Flint.
· Second Place – 2020, by Kira Tanner, of Grand Blanc.
· Honorable Mention – Oral Fixation, by Cheyenne Foreman, of Flint.
· Honorable Mention – Plaque Mask, by Marissia Balderrama, of Flushing.
All award winners for Fine Arts and Illustration/Graphic Design can be viewed at https://sites.google.com/view/land-student-art-exhibition-21/home
MCC offers Associate’s degrees in studio art, music, graphic design, media arts and entertainment technology, music technology and photography.