Featured photo: 2019, Christmas at Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad
(Flint, Mich., Nov. 17, 2022) Dazzling Christmas lights lining main streets. Exceptional boutiques with gifts perfect for the holidays. Locally owned coffee shops offering holiday drinks and a place to warm up. Winter festivals meant for making holiday memories that will last a lifetime.
That’s what you’ll find in Flint and Genesee County, Michigan. With multiple events and festivals, Flint & Genesee is a perfect place for a weekend away this season. And Explore Flint & Genesee is a great resource to use when booking your next trip.
In Flint & Genesee, a local favorite gem is Christmas at Crossroads. Beginning the day after Thanksgiving, the event runs Friday-Sunday from 4-9 p.m. During the holidays, Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad displays thousands of sparkling lights. The village also has fun and unique activities for the whole family.
The areas surrounding Flint also host a variety of holiday festivals in December. Events include:
- Flushing Candlewalk – This is one of Flushing, Michigan’s most heartwarming events. The 30-year-old festival has thousands of glowing candles down Main Street. The event also has chestnuts roasting on an open fire. December 1
- Linden’s Holiday Happening Frosty Parade & Fireworks – Enjoy this family-fun event in downtown Linden, Michigan. The event has train rides through Linden’s historic downtown and tours of the Linden Mills Museum. It also has carriage rides, a holiday parade and a fireworks display. December 2
- Christmas on Main – In Davison, Michigan, Christmas on Main is an annual event with activities for the whole family. Activities include a lighted parade and visits with Santa. December 2
- Fenton Jinglefest – Jingle all the way down to Fenton, Michigan to celebrate the holidays. There is something for everyone at Jinglefest. Activities include a holiday parade, carolers, a Jinglejog 5K and a fireworks display. December 3
- 37th Annual Holiday Walk – Held at the world-class Flint Cultural Center in Flint, Michigan, Holiday Walk has events and activities at nine spots on the cultural center’s campus. Places include Applewood Estate, Flint Public Library, Flint Institute of Arts, Sloan Museum of Discovery and Whiting Auditorium. December 6
Make your visit a weekend trip! Stay at one of Flint & Genesee’s cozy hotels. Save time and book directly through the Explore Flint & Genesee website.
For information on holiday events in Flint & Genesee, visit ExploreFlintandGenesee.org.