LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for July at locations throughout Flint.
All mobile food pantry sites distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Food available in July will include sweet corn, potatoes and watermelon. More than $300 million has been provided to help the residents of Flint, including this initiative. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. July dates by location are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, July 1, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, July 8, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, July 15, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, July 22, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, July 29, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, July 2, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 9, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 16, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 23, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 30, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Wednesday, July 3, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 11, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 18, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, July 25, at 10 a.m.
- Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Saturday, July 6, at 10:30 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, July 10, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Friday, July 12, at 9 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road.
- Friday, July 12, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, July 17, at 10 a.m.
- Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, July 19, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, July 20, at 9 a.m.
- Higher Quality of Life Ministries, 5601 N. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, July 27, at 11 a.m.
- Urban Renaissance Center, 2505 N. Chevrolet Ave.
- Tuesday, July 30, at 11 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The three help center locations now have more proteins to distribute to Flint residents in addition to the produce that’s available at all locations. Along with the produce available at all locations, the three help center sites now have ground turkey and ground burger.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.