Mott Community College (MCC) has partnered with Vicinia Gardens in Fenton to provide training opportunities for individuals interested in healthcare careers.
Vicinia Gardens is currently hiring Resident Assistants and Housekeepers. Upon hire as a Resident Assistant, employees will work through their probationary period (90 days) and then they will be eligible to apply for the Certified Nurse Aide Apprenticeship offered through MCC’s Workforce and Economic Development (WED).
The training will be available to current employees and to employees hired at the following hiring events:
- October 21, 10 AM-Noon – Mott Community College (Livingston County) MTEC, 1240 Packard Drive, Howell, MI 48843
- October 24, 10 AM-Noon – Mott Community College Workforce Education Center, 709 N. Saginaw Street, Flint, MI 48503
- October 25, 10 AM-Noon – Mott Community College Southern Lakes Branch Center, 2100 W Thompson Rd., Fenton, MI 48430
In order to qualify, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have reliable transportation
- Be available for second and third shifts
- Submit to a pre-employment background check, drug screen and physical
Interested applicants should bring a resume and be prepared for an interview. For additional information, contact Kathleen LaVallier at (810) 232.4674 or Kathleen.email@example.com.
MCC’s Workforce and Economic Development Division will provide Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) training to Vicinia staff through a registered apprenticeship program through the Department of Labor (DOL). The training will be customized so that Vicinia employees can continue to work while attending school. Upon successful completion of the training, participants will be eligible to sit for their state certification, while also receiving a certificate of apprenticeship completion from the DOL.
“I am very excited about the upcoming CNA program. It is an opportunity for Resident Aides to gain more knowledge that can help us become better care givers for our residents,” said Gabrielle Farren, current Vicinia employee.
“MCC is committed to empowering our community through training and development. We’re excited about this new partnership; it provides an opportunity for employees to improve their knowledge base as well as for us to engage and provide a service for local employers. It’s a win-win for us both,” said Robert Matthews, Associate Vice President of Workforce and Economic Development.