LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for March at locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Produce expected to be available to families in March includes oranges, apples and potatoes. Milk is also available.
More than $300 million has been provided to help the residents of Flint, including this initiative. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. March dates by location are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Highway.
- Monday, March 11, 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 18, 10 a.m.
- Monday, March 25, 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.
- Tuesday, March 12, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 26, 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway.
- Thursday, March 14, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 21, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 28, 10 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road.
- Friday, March 8, 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry.
- Saturday, March 9, at 9 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, March 13, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, March 16, 9 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, March 20, 10 a.m.
- St. Luke NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, March 22, 10 a.m.
- First United Church, 1116 W. Hill Road.
- Friday, March 29, 11 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.